March 17, 2014

Stash A Thon Birthday Challenge #8 ~ Texture

Hello Crafters! It's time to reveal the next
Stash A Thon Challenge #8 ~ Icing
Don't we all just love icing on our birthday cake! I know I do extra, too!! :) 
The 8th birthday challenge is to create a new layout, any theme, using gesso/textured paste to represent "icing".

Rules - 
  • Your layout must be new as of March 17th and cannot be combined with any other SOS Stash A Thon challenge.  You are allowed to combine with any non SOS challenges. 
  • All entries must be linked up on the side bar no later than April 5th, 11:59 PM (PST) to be considered for the grand prize drawings.   For chances to win weekly prizes, link up your entries as soon as they are completed.  
  • When linking up your entry, please add the challenge next to your nameFor example: Suzy - #8 Icing
  • DIGITAL ENTRIES NOT ALLOWED
  • Only one entry per challenge
  • You must post a link back to our blog!
For today's feature, DT Kate created this awesome layout for Stash A thon Challenge #8:
"Love Love Love"
"I have always loved this picture of my son-it was his first fauxhawk in first grade but I see that I cut it off in the picture! My "ICING" is modeling paste...added it in for a background texture using a stencil. I also dabbed it in strategic places here and there for more visual interest"

ALL challenge entries linked up by NOON (PST) Saturday, March 22nd will be entered into the 
Weekly Prize Drawing as well as the Grand Prize Drawings!   


Our next Stash A Thon Challenge will be revealed on Wednesday, March 19th!!!

6 comments:

  1. oh darn! I was hoping to complete all of the challenges but I don't have any gesso or paste. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammi, if you look online, you can find several recipes for making paste from ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen or bathroom. Just remember they may, or may not, be acid free.

      Delete
  2. I posted my entry using paste to add snow to mountain peaks. Fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I hope you get this, Can you use Ranger Distress crackle paint or Making Memories Metallic specialty paint for this (I have no Gesso, but have these in my stash :)

    ReplyDelete