March 3, 2014

Stash A Thon Birthday Challenge #1 ~ Cake/Layering

Good Morning!!!
 Welcome to Stash A Thon Challenge #1 Cake/Layering
When you see a cake, what do you see?  LAYERS!!!
So for this challenge you are to create a layout with
 3 or more layers of patterned paper AND/OR embellishments
any theme of your choice!
 Rules
  • LAYERS must be obvious on layout.
  • Your layout must be new as of March 3rd and cannot be combined with any other SOS Stash A Thon challenges.  You are allowed to combine with any non SOS challenges.  
  • All entries must be linked up on the side bar no later than April 5th, 11:59 PM (PST) to be considered for the grand prize drawings.   For chances to win weekly prizes, link up your entries as soon as they are completed.  
  • When linking up your entry, please add the challenge next to your name.  For example:  Suzy - #1 Cake
  • Only one entry per challenge
  • DIGITAL LAYOUTS NOT ALLOWED
  • You must post a link back to our blog!!!
 Today's lovely "layering" inspiration for this challenge was created by DT Patricia:
"Celebrate"
Here is what Patricia shared about her layout:
"Happy Birthday Scrap Our Stash! 
I am so happy to be apart of this celebration! The challenge I have chose: "Cake" in which I had to do layering, with at least a minimum of 3 or more papers or embellies! Well I did both, and love the paper collection I used for this layout. 
The cool part about this layout is that the photos used, were at an actual birthday celebration of a great cousin of mine. Featured in the photo is my beautiful daughter and my awesome cousin!"
Products I used:
Bakers Twine (Lime)
Fancy Pants "Happy Go Lucky" Alphas & Embellies
Fancy Pants "Timber Grove"
Crate Paper
Basic Grey "RSVP" 
Glitz & Glitter Border Stickers

Now it is your turn to create a layout and show us your layering skills!!!
For complete details and information on the Stash A Thon, click HERE

Below is our prize for this week's random drawing:
All entries from challenges completed and linked up  by 
NOON (PST) March 8th will be eligible for this drawing as well as the Grand Prize Drawings!!

See you on Wednesday, March 5th when we reveal our 2nd Stash A Thon Challenge!!!
Happy Scrapping!


18 comments:

  1. Great challenge! awesome example layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout Patricia! Love all the layering! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool change and a sweet layout for inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this challenge- I am a total paper hog so anything that gets me to use it GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry - was having trouble posting my layout so it is there twice. I don't know if you
    can delete #4 or not. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun challenge! I just linked mine up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Posted a LO for #1 Cake. However, the LO thumbnail shows up right but the link goes to my entry for the Feb. challenge. I don't know how to fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do not layer this much usually so this was a true challenge for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi.. I have problem with mr linky!
    here my Lo #1 cake/layering
    http://scrapperita.blogspot.it/2014/03/3sss-lo-5.html
    I will try again!
    bye

    ReplyDelete
  10. #1 completed, now I will take #2 on! LOVE these challenges!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great challenge ! I am sorry but I have uploaded my LO twice. I do not know how I remove the first one.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tone! I got it taken care of for you!

      Delete
  12. I am hoping to do more of these challenges, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the challenges!!! I'm so excited to get started :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful layout and fantastic job with the layering Patricia! WTG!

    ReplyDelete