May 26, 2011

May Flowers Challenge by Stephanie

Design Team Member Stephanie submitted this card for the May Flower Challenge.  She said:

I struggle with using flowers on my scrap pages because I love the huge 3D flowers that are popular, so I decided to try the rolled flower.

I chose to do a card because I could put it in a box with a gift and not worry about it getting smashed as it would in my scrapbook. The flowers were pretty simple, I just punched a circle and started cutting in a spiral. I scrunched it up (to make it more pliable), rolled, and then went nuts with Glossy Accents to hold it all together. I had to use hot glue to get the flowers to stick and I'm happy to report that I didn't burn myself. I wanted the flowers and the sentiment to pop, so I kept the rest neutral with kraft and white items. This could have easily been a wedding card, even though I used it for a birthday. Super versatile!

Now it's your turn to take the May Flowers Challenge. See all the details HERE!

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.

7 comments:

  1. love the simplicity of this card--so elegant

    ReplyDelete
  2. a simple card that has big impact! very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classic and beautiful! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love your rolled flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card so simple yet so elegant- I love making those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so elegant - and yet simple! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your rolled flowers are beautiful and I like the shaped card!

    ReplyDelete