May 17, 2011

May Flower Challenge by Kathryn


Design Team Member Kathryn submitted this layout for the May Flower Challenge. She said:


I am really, really super, super pleased to be on the DT for Scrap Our Stash Challenge!!! Scrapbooking is a huge part of my life and I love being challenged to really use up my stash. Like many of us, I am sure, I buy way too much stuff and I need to be pushed to actually use it!! For the May challenge it was great to be able to use some of the jars of flowers I have gathered over the last few years, especially the purple ones. I love purple and I have a big kilner jar full of purple flowers, but I never seem to need that colour. The photo I have used this time was perfect though and I have gone to town! This is Emma at 2 years wearing my sunglasses on holiday. Sadly, as she gets older the willingness to pose for photos is receding rapidly!
Recipe:
Bazzill leaf embossed cardstock. I have painted a frame around the background to break up the empty space using willow and lettuce Adirondack dabber paints. I painted it in quite a slapdash way so it didn’t look too precise. · The papers are off cuts of Basic Grey Euphoria papers arranged so they are peeping out from behind the photo, and the edges inked with versa magic purple hydrangea ink. · The flowers are a mixture of Petaloo, Prima leaves (love these, on my second packet) and some lovely purple Iris flowers and roses. I have then added coordinating buttons and some bling gem flowers and a Rockstar gem title. Hope you like!
Kathryn
Now it's your turn to take the May Flower Challenge. See all the details HERE!

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday. Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. Wow this is beautiful. All those flowers are gorgeous. Such an apt title too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great layout kathryn! the flowers are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the painted frame! The photo is super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo pretty. I love the colors and your arrangements of the flowers. The photo and title are super too!

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful colour combo!I love the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What Beautiful Bouquet you made right on the page... lovely! Yummy Papers too. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. there are so many flowers on here- really lovely and that title is fabulous- love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! I like the clustered look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my...that flower cluster is OUT of this world gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete