May 10, 2011

May Flower Challenge by Debbie

Reader Debbie submitted this layout for the May Flower Challenge. She said:


Here is a layout I did the other night and I just love it - in fact I'm going to have it framed and give it to the married couple on their 6th anniversary this year in July. I used DCVW -Lace and Linen paper stack and several Cricut cuts and doilys scattered in the background. Then I went through my flower stash and used some older paper flowers and left them white and some embossed paper flowers - which I inked with Old Paper distressed ink and then some small silk like wedding flowers that I put in the middle of my hand crocheted doily flowers. Other embellies used were ribbon, pearls on a strand, 1/2 pearls for flower centers, metal heart buttons, some really old discolored buttons, cream thread, 2 jewelry shell pieces, prism stickers and Diamond Stickles.

I really like the sketch over at Creative Scrappers this week and this black and white photo of the married couple I thought worked great cut up in 3 sections. This is my take or layout for the May flower challenge this month- I just love the challenges you have here and look forward to seeing all the great works everyone comes up with daily.

Debbie Bakk

Now it's your turn to take the May Flower Challenge. See all the details HERE!

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. wow this is just so elegant! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the colors and all the little details! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, this is just such a stunning layout. I adore how you cut the photo in to 3 pieces it is really just so cool. They will love it when you give it to them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! So much amazing detail went into this page. It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie,

    This is gorgeous. Love all the added embellishments and flowers. I'm sure your friend will love this.

    Thanks for sharing with us here at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breathtaking... so elegant. Just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layout is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors and flowers, it is so elegant and I really like how you divided the photo!

    ReplyDelete