August 1, 2010

July Challenge OOOPS 2

Ice Cream Cone by Malina

Here is the 2nd of the projects that got missed, due to them going to my Junk Mail.

Maline said, "I had a couple layouts that I wanted to submit. The last couple weeks I have been using up my stash and trying to do so in a unique or different way. Thanks for the chance to get creative with eyelets & brads. Hope you like my work and I always welcome critical feedback. This is actually a double page layout but I needed to submit them in seperate attachments, sorry) Page 1 used 4 red eyelets on the top border of pattern paper. Page 2 used 4 eyelets (red on the pattern paper border) and 5 brads (1 in each corner of the photo mat and an ice cream cone brad at the end of the journal for the 'ice cone' title).
Posted by Picasa Due to my error - and of course the fact that she deserves to be recognized for her work - I have decided to offer Malina a spot on the September Guest Design Team.

I'm sure you'll all agree!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats Malina and Welcome! Both layouts are wonderful. I was happy with this month's challenge, I think we all got to play with brads and eyelets (which I haven't done in a while) in a new way. Love how you journaled on the double layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...you haven't any idea the true shock I am experiencing LOL. Kimmarie, thank you so much for the comments...I haven't checked my mail yet but my local scrap store just brought home a sampling of some flowers from CHA and I bought everyone in the store they were so beautiful. I had told the store owner to come to this site LOL to see about the challenge herself and then I visit for challenge details only to get a wonderful start to my Monday. I tell ya, if Monday mornings start like this then it has to be a great week! Thanks again, I am very honored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute layouts, I like all the journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Malina!. I love the sequence of the photos and the way you did the journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the journaling strips! So cute! Congrats on being the GDT! Can't wait to see more of your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute layout - great way to do your journaling.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats Malina! looking forward to your Sept creations! love the story board of the ice cream cone. the lettering and colors are just fun fun fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Malina!!!!!!
    Awesome layout, the photo sequence looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much. I was pleased to see an idea form quickly into a layout. The page came together great too...but you know what, he has moved from Ice Cream to Popsicles and Freeze Pops! Guess another page is in the works :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. GOrgeous!!! Is that all hand stitching along the side too? Congrats on joining our team!

    ReplyDelete