March 1, 2010

March Challenge

Grass by Joni
Design Team Member Joni has submitted her layout about grass for the March New/Old Challenge. Here is her description:
I love love love this picture of my son (isn't he cute?). But he's growing up way too fast!!
Anyway, this is all about grass, which we don't have much of here in Phoenix, hence the point when he gets to go into the Arizona Diamondbacks Bullpen, he love to roll around in the soft lush grass. For those not sports savvy, that is our professional baseball team.

I used my February Scrapbook Circle kit, which had some of the new Cosmo Cricket Material Girl line and some of the recent Basic Grey Origins line. I also used some of the new Elle's Studio flashcards for my title. Now, for the old... those squares to the left of the photo are those Architexture pieces that EK Success put out a few years back. I loved them, and bought sooo many, but I hardly used them (maybe 1 or 2 layouts). So, it was my goal/plan to use those on this layout from the very beginning. I think it looks ok and doesn't look like they are an "old" product. So, don't tell anyone ok?


Now it's your turn. What can you do with the Old/New prompt? Check out all the details in the March Challenge below. See how you can become a Guest Design Team Member here at Scrap Our Stash.

7 comments:

  1. This is such a cute page - and yes he's cute! Great use of something OLD and something NEW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a cutie for sure! I love all the paper tearing and your title. Love the circle "January". Great way to mix up the goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joni, I remember those. If you have some left and need to change the color to match another project, use Staz-on or alcohol inks. They work great.

    I like the date stamped date embellishment and the way that you staggered your title on the two pieces of paper. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Joni, I love this page, the black background makes everything else pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the whole layout! Wouldn't know something "old" was used on there at all...age is all relative, right? :) It all works great with your sweet photo...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your layout is great! I love the distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this page! Love the layering and distressed look.

    ReplyDelete