January 31, 2010

January Challenge

Wacky Hair by Monica
Last year for Christmas I asked for the Making Memories Slice. I used it once or twice right after getting it but haven't dug it out since. I decided to take it back out. I cut out the orange square that my title is on with the Slice. I also used a Pagemaps sketch for this layout. This is on of my favorite pictures of my son from this summer. His daddy got his hair wet and was spiking it all up!!

Now it's your turn! Let's see those Christmas Gifts being put to work! See all the details in January Christmas Gift Challenge - details below.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you decided to take your Slice back out and join us for this challenge. I like how you cut your journaling into strips. I do that a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Gift! He is so cute!!! I really like how you did the journaling with the buttons. I did this on a few layouts and it always has a nice look to it. Thanks for playing with us. Share more when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors - love the picture and how you captured the moment! Especially like how you used the buttons...

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used the slice to create the title mat. GREAT photo of your son...he's got such a sweet smile! :) The colors you used in your layout are great for a boy and I also really like how you added the buttons at the ends of your journaling strips. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie... great layout Monica. I love how fun and well..."wacky" it is! Love how you captured this memory in your journaling! Thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is adorable! You're gonna have quite the lady killer when he hits his teenage years! ;) I'm jumping on the button bandwagon, too. I have a rediculously large collection of buttons, and this is an awesome way to use them! The perfect little touch without being too busy, I like it!

    ReplyDelete